Finding My Grandfather: Myrle Wayne Wheel

Myrle Wayne Wheelock, nickname "Lefty" was born 13 Aug 1903 in Beresford, S.D. to Julian Elbert Wheelock (1874-1939) & Bertha Goltry (1880-1952).

Myrle Wayne Wheelock



Myrle and his wife and 3 children were living here in 1940 at 435 St Louis, in Spearfish, S.D. 

In 1930 They lived in Rapid City, S.D.


My biological grandmother

Dorothy Mary Peters
born 13 Jun 1914 in Sheridan, WY and was living in Edgemont, S.D. 1930 & 1940

Dorothy Mary Peters


I had the most wonderful search angel help me with my DNA connection to find my grandfather who I have been searching for since 1989. I had already found my biological grandmother through a adoption match before DNA and before computers. When my grandmother died in 1989 she told her daughters she had a son in Hills, MN where her parents sent her to have her baby and she put him up for adoption in 17th of July 1932 at Children's Home Society of Sioux Falls, S.D.

His adoption papers, My dad always knew he was adopted, his parents never kept it from and when he was of age he got these papers, along with his birth certificate which listed his biological mother on it. Dorothy Peters. As my father is still alive at age 91 I will not post his birth certificate. 






My biological Great Aunt Catherine told me that the roomer was that she was seeing a truck driver. She was waitress at the local diner her senior year 1932. (My grandmother would not talk about the baby she gave up or the father of the baby.)
Some strange facts

1950 Dorothy married to Thomas Melton is living in Merced, CA
Myrle is living in Chardon, NE as a boarder in Don & Colleen Ale home as a divorcee age 45, along with another boarder Alice Mesek age 23, they get married that year. by 1965 they are living in Los Gatos, Santa Clara, California, USA. 

In 1975 The Kubberness family, me my parents and brothers all move to Stockton, CA we live in California for 4 years before relocating to Bismarck, N.D. where my dad is a truck driver for Consolidated Freightways.

Dorothy dies 1989 in Merced, CA & Myrle dies in  Los Gatos, CA.

Baby photos of my dad.










Here's Myrle & my dad next to each other I see a resemblance do you?

Never give up, the answers are always out there no matter what the circumstances are. 


Please give my blog a follow and feel free to leave me a comment.











Comments

  1. Some of our ancestors do leave us some complicated knots to untangle, don't they? You've done a fine job of untangling this story so far. I've had some law enforcement training, too, and yes, genealogy is very much detective work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, I also have a Criminal Genealogy Blog if interested here is the link.
      https://criminalgenealogy.blogspot.com/

      Delete

Post a Comment