General Robert Edward Lee: Married My 6th Cousin 5X Removed




As a 16 year old girl I fell in love with genealogy. My Great Aunt Ella Robertson gave me a folder full of her research and I was hooked.

As I got older I would go to the library and check out book on how to do genealogy and learn how to write letters for documents and newspaper articles and birth certificates ect. There were no computers then and I loved seeing the mailman coming with a stack of mail for me. I wrote letters all over the world for records.

One day my Grandmother Dorothy Couch-Robertson told me we were related to Robert E Lee, but she had no idea how, just stories passed down through the generations. I started my search in the 1990's and just today 18 Jul 2022 I found the connection. I bet my Gram is smiling down on me right now.



I am so happy I finally found the missing link and it's added to my tree. Here are a few photos of Mary Ann Randolph Custis my 6th cousin 5 times removed.







Comments