Work Day Wednesday-Alfred Cecil Abshire

Alfred Cecil Abshire was born 15 Dec 1893 in Cloverdale, Sonoma, California to Farley Abshire II and Susie Elizabeth Crow.

Alfred married Maude Elnora Thompson (date unknown).

I found in the Long Beach, CA Directory they lived at 5459 Cerrito Ave and at the time he was working in the ship yard. So I researched ship yards in the area and found a Naval Ship yard.






Alfred may have worked here in 1945 LB Naval Shipyard

Alfred had a few jobs in his life time. He also worked as a oil worker in Long Beach. Not sure of the year these directories aren't label well.



 Then again I found Alfred in another Long Beach Directory as a glass worker.

Albert Cecil Abshire was a working man no matter what trade he did. He died on 6 April 1949 in Sonoma County, CA most like in Long Beach. He his buried in the Oak Mound Cemetery in Healdsburg, Sonoma, CA. 

He and his wife had two children:
Farley Alfred Abshire (1917-1942)
Alta Cecil Abshire Michener (1920-2002)

I love to research and find out as many things as I can about my ancestor's lives. It's so fascinating. 

Happy Treasure Hunting Everyone. 


Comments