Tourist Tuesday- William & Olga Storey

William Walter Storey and his wife Olga Burke went to Aruba in 1929, aboard the SS I.C. White. On their journey home on 8 March 1929 they got off the boat at New Orleans, LA





I haven't found any stories or reason why they went to Aruba. I am sure they had a delightful time there.

William Walter Storey



Olga N Burke
I can only assume this photo of Olga is about how she would have looked in 1929 when they went on their voyage. 
William Storey was born 20 Nov 1897 in Mannington Marion, WV the son of William Storey and Eliza Jane Copenhaver. He married Olga N Burke on 14 Feb 1923 place unknown. She was the daughter of William J. Burke and Cora Alice Smith.
In 1940 William was 43 years old and Olga was 37 and they were living in Moseley, OK

William died in Siloam Springs, Benton, Arkansas year unknown.
Olga died Mar 1972 in Locust Grove, Mayes, Oaklahoma
I do not know if they had any children or not.

I wish I had found a picture of William when he was younger, would of been awesome to have posted that with hers.

On Williams WWI Draft Reg Card he states he worked for South Penn Oil Company. Maybe their trip to Aruba was business? 
I guess we may never know but to have gone on such a trip regardless of business or pleasure had to be fun. 


Where did your ancestor's travel to???

Happy Treasure Hunting.


Aruba Today







Comments

  1. Hello, my name is Lu Anne Lizotte, daughter of Ray Arzie Johnson. My father's mother was Ella Mae Robertson. I decided to see if I could trace my grandfather Earl Johnson's ancestry ( Ella's husband) and I found you and my parents' wedding picture which only I have!! So you evidently saw it on my blog and put it there which is perfectly fine. But I would love some help on the Johnson line. All I know is where they lived. Can you get me started?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to help. Can you email me so I have your email address? gwen.kubberness@gmail.com

    It's great to meet you, I am always excited to meet new family!!!! What a treasure.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment