Mystery of Elmer Allsworth Robertson

I have a bit of a problem. My ancestor Elmer Allsworth Robertson was born 9 May 1864 in Washington, IA died 15 May 1924 Verndale, Wadena, Minnesota. He was married to a Lillie B. but the problem is a Lillie Belzora Williams attached to a Arzo Elmer Robertson keeps coming up and the kids seem to be the same attached to my tree, A lot of people have attached the  two together  on Ancestry and Findagrave. Including photo's.

So my question is How do I find my Elmer's wife and information. I have already exhausted Ancestry. This mystery may never be solved. 

I talked to a gentleman on Ancestry who is a grandson to this couple. So I know the photo's and info belong to his line and not mine.

The only facts I have is Elmer Allsworth's parents were Alexander Cowen Robertson and Elizabeth Jane Cavit. Elmer 's birth and death dates. The children according to the census may have name variations. so I am not 100% sure about Elmer and Lillie's children. Will need more research. 

Any connect to the Nebraska and Kansas line are not connected to my Elmer Allsworth Robertson. The grave photo is his. Has the correct dates. And the Findagrave for just him is correct. Just need to detach the Lillie Belzora Williams from it.

Update: 29 April 2017 I finally figured it out My Elmer Ellsworth Robertson was connected to Lillie because her husband on findagrave didn't have a memorial. They share a gravestone and instead of checking dates someone added my Elmer as her husband. I got that all straightened out.

Plus looking through family records from my Great Ella revealed my Elm was never married. He middle name Is Ellsworth not Allsworth. 

So mystery solved!!!!!!






Comments