Honoring A Lady





Dorothy Couch-Robertson

My beloved Grandmother Dorothy Couch-Robertson died on this day in 2001. I remember my Mom calling me to tell me the sad news. I felt an overwhelming sense of grief and gratitude. I am proud and honored that I was her granddaughter. One of many yes. We all have our special memories of time spent with her and experiences 
 shared.  

She was a widow for 39 years, I could not imagine how lonely that could be at times.

She worked at JcPenny's in Sioux Falls, SD, she was also the President of the World War I Widows in Stockton, CA. She was very involved in her church (Baptist).

It was always about family. She gave birth to 6 children (The Brady Bunch) 3 girls and 3 boys. She had 20 some grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and even great-great grandchildren. She lived to be 98 years old.

I celebrate today with loving memories of playing dress up with her clothes and playing with her many perfumes and make-up. I celebrate her love of life and living it as full as one can. I celebrate with her belief of God and the importance of prayer. 

If I was honored to sit with you one last time, I would hold your hand, kiss your cheek and tell you how much you mean to me. I would ask lots more questions and have you meet Christopher. He has a kind heart, I taught him that, the way you and Momma taught me. I would love that, as would too.

I will see you again Grandma when my time is due and we will have an infinity to catch up and share.

I love you Grandma!!!!!! 












Comments