Mystery Monday

Alexander Cowen Robertson death cert.



John Edgar Robertson Bio.

John Edgar Robertson's grave




I have an ancestor who is very much a mystery to me. Is name is Alexander Cown Robertson. He was born somewhere in Kentucky according to his death certificate. On 8 July 1838 Kentucky. died 20 May 1896 in Sioux City, Iowa. Buried 23 May 1896 at the Eberly Cemetery outside Sioux City, IA. He was a Constable for 2 terms there. He married 23 December 1863 to Elizabeth Jane Cavit born 28 Aug 1843 in Beaver Dam, Pa and died 8 Feb 1903 in Sioux City, IA.
Alexander's parents were John Edgar Robertson born 10 March 1804 somewhere in Kentucky and died in 1876 in Washington, Adams, Iowa. He was married 20 Jan 1831 somewhere in Kentucky to Abigail Cowen born 13 Nov 1812 place unknown, died 22 Jul 1838 possibly from child birth.

Ok smarty pants lets see who can help solve this mystery. I would love to know where in Kentucky these gentlemen were born. I have also hit a wall trying to fin Abigail Cowen's parents. her birth place and death place in Kentucky. This Kentucky line has been a thorn in my side for many, many years. I am hoping someone out there can help find the information i need to more forward (in genealogy I guess we move backwards).






Comments