Thankful Thursday

     My Momma is the best in all the world. She has taught me how to be a giving and kind person. To always have God in my life and to forgive no matter what. To have unconditional love for everyone and never to judge others. I was raised to never see the color of someones skin but to look into their heart as a person and child of God.

   My dad was never home much due to making a living to provide for us. I have no idea how my mom raised us three kids with little money and mostly alone, but she did. She has been a big part of every church we've ever gone to and every community we have lived in.
   She was in Sweet Adelines, she started Holy Fools which was a group of clowns that clowned around for Christ at McCabe United Methodist Church, She even got 2 Governor's to declare April 1st as Holy Fools Day and got her picture taken with them and put into our local paper.
   She has been a huge part of the Red Cross in Peru, IL. First being a volunteer then training as a disaster worker and then doing the meals program. She was so good at it their hired her. But now with cut backs she's losing her job in September. I am sad for her, she loves that job plus it gives her and dad extra income.
   My mom had us kids involved in things as well. We took swimming lessons, got involved in school plays and church. Helped with the elderly. We were in Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts.
   My mom also gave us memories of special times that were rather amazing. When we lived in Garden Grove, CA. Mom was in charge of the youth group and planned "Surprise Days" once a month we went somewhere special on a bus. Once we went to Disneyland, Sea World, Knotts Berry Farms. It was a true kids adventure.
   My mom also took us traveling, we took the Amtrak Train from Aberdeen, SD to Stockton, CA a 3 day trip. The conductor became my new best friend and I sang "This Little Chicky" and he gave me an Amtrak bag, I was super happy about that.
   Once my mom and her mom Dorothy took us to the Red Woods and Columbia, CA and panned for Gold. Now what kid can say that?
     We always watched tv and movies together as a family, we always ate our meals together as a family. Holidays and birthdays were always a big deal and celebrated with a bang.
   During all this time my mom always worked. She did Meals On Wheels, took care of several elderly people. She cleaned houses for people. I do not know how she did it all.
   She is 76 years old and is still clowning, working her job at Red Cross, works as an Usher at their local play theater. Is an election judge, involved in her church with many activities and takes care of 2 grandchildren on the weekends. She helped Gary Dahl with his campaign for State Senate (Illinois). He won by the way! My folks went to the Inauguration Ball


Yeppers that's my momma!!!!!


   In June of this year she had saved enough money from working to fly us out to California for a week to visit our family. That trip was a true blessing from God for both of us. We have become even closer and have a bond that's unbreakable.
   I love my mom with all my heart. That's something else she taught us, how to share our feelings, don't be afraid of getting hurt, if you do time will heal, if you don't your not living a full life that God has meant for you to live.


That's my Thankful Thursday.


God's Blessings to you all






Comments