Family Recipe Friday: Family Treasure

I received the most wonderful gift from my Dad Donald "Kub" Kubberness, most people wouldn't think so unless they were a genealogy buff, like I most diffidently am.


He gave me a recipe book called Rebeccah Circle 1972 a group of women from United Methodist Church of Arlington, South Dakota.


It's filled with recipes from family members!!!!! Can you believe that! I was so surprised and excited. So here is my first recipe from the book by my Great- Aunt Bessie Converse-Damm.

Mashed Potato Donuts
By Mrs. Clarence Damm

1 1/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup butter
1 cup cold mashed potatoes, or us can use instant
3 beaten eggs 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda 1 tsp nutmeg
3 heaping tsp baking powder
1 cup buttermilk 4 cups flour
beat eggs, stir in sugar, butter, and potatoes, whip until creamy, sift dry ingredients, add buttermilk to egg mixture, mix well. Chill 2 hrs roll 1/2 in thick, cut out and fry in deep fat.

Comments