Sentimental Sunday






Always knew my first child would be a girl and I always knew I would name her Barbara Jean after my 1/2 sister Barbara Jean Morgan (Bobbi) who was born 26 May 1954 and died in my mom's arms on the way to the hospital on 6 Jul 1954. Barbara had a heart problem, which now we know runs in our family.

When I found out I was having a baby I asked my mom if it would be okay for me to name my daughter after her's. With tears in her eyes she said that would be precious. So on 23 Dec 1984 my Barbie (Barbara Jean Giardini ) was born.

My mom Ruth G Robertson-Kubberness and my daughter Barbie have always had a very special bond and Barbie asks her grandmother about Bobbi every once in a while. Barbie also had a child Jonathan Alexander Giardini who died, he only lived for 6 hours, this made their bond even more unbreakable.

Barbara Jean Morgan is buried in Sioux Falls, SD in Woodlawn Cemetery in the baby section called Evergreen. All she had at one time for a marker is the funeral home marker. My mom has never been able to buy a stone for her little girl.

Jonathan Alexander was creamated by the hospital and put in a special urn that Barbie keeps safe. We take it out on Jonathan's birthday and light a candle by him every year.

The death of a baby is like a stone cast into the stillness of a quiet pool;
the concentric ripples of despair sweep out in all directions,
affecting many, many people.
--De Frain, 1991

Comments

  1. That's so sad; but yet, so sweet. I pray that your family won't have to endure, or relive that pain again.

    Renate

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no pain like the loss of child. I'm so sorry your family has had to endure this. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment