Monday Madness


































I am going crazy with my Becker line. It's driving me absolutely nuts. I only have it traced back to my 3rd great-grandfather. Here's where I am in my house of nuts.


My great-Grandmother Mary Ursula Becker born 5 Dec 1864 in Tipton, Mo. Died 19 Sep 1943 in Sioux City, IA. Married 13 Jan 1921 in Council Bluffs, IA at St. Patricks Catholic Church to John Edgar Robertson. I have the following records on Mary. her death certificate shown above and a small newspaper clipping about where the funeral will be. The picture above is Mary and her husband John Edgar Robertson.


Mary is buried in the Calvary Cemetery in Sioux City, IA. I have those records also.

Now lets talk about her father. John Henry Becker he was born 1 Dec 1830 in Winterscheild, Germany. Died 21 Aug 1919 in Tipton, Mo and is buried in the St. Andrew's Catholic Church Cemetery he was 88 years old. He was married to Margaret Helen Kuttenkuler I have no date. He died of brights disease according to death certificate. He was in the Civil War enlisted 29 jun 1861 Co H Cole County, MO. regiment of Home Guards at Missouri. Volunteer for three months. Discharged as 1st Sargent 1 Oct 1861 under F.C. Anisworth; re-enlisted in Co 1 43rd Regiment Militia of Missouri 27 Jul 1862. Was commissioned a 2nd LLT. Discharged under J.C. Jamison 12 Mar 1865; Adjutant General Chief in command and William D. Wood. He was a Union Solider. I have this record.

I know he was a carpenter, he was Catholic I have the St. Andrew's Church records, he was disabled getting out of the war. He had 12 children with his wife Margaret. I have 1880 census, 1910 census and two land records. I noticed on his death certificate the name L.G. Imoff who married to his daughter Rosa Lena Becker. He was the undertaker. It list's his father as Henry Conrad Becker and his mother as Caroline Wyant.


Henry Conrad Becker was born abt 1709 in Germany, his wife Caoline Wyant was born about 1708 in Germany. The only information I have on them is a 1860 Moniteau County, MO census records that lists two other children but only by initials. F.C Becker male age 25 and P.J. Becker male age 18. This is all the information I have been able to find on Henry Conrad Becker. I check Tipton, MO death records, cemetery records and St. Andrew's Church records and found nothing. I have also check on Ancestry.com and have gotten no where. I have not given up on this line but I have set it aside for the last couple years and just recently started working on it again. When the frustration sets in I will put it aside again for a while and work on something else. It would be nice to find something even his other two children's information. My census hunt isn't over.


Comments

  1. Love the picture of John and Mary - I have never seen that one. Does it say where the picture is taken? It looks like the church in the background may be St. Boniface in Sioux City. My great-grandmother Marie lived right across the street from the church. I remember visiting her as a kid. I went back to Sioux City a few years ago and found her house and the church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and your help. Hope we can meet someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is information I have on this family:

    Conrad Becker
    Birth 1809 in Winterscheid(Rupperticoth), Germany
    Death 13 Dec 1862 in Tipton, Moniteau Co., MO

    Baptism
    1809
    10 Feb
    Rupperticoth, Germany

    Marriage to Karalina Weiand (Weyand)
    1829
    12 May
    Age: 20

    Residence
    1860
    Age: 51
    Township 44 Range 17, Moniteau, Missouri, United States
    Age: 55

    Death
    1862
    13 Dec
    Age: 53
    Tipton, Moniteau Co., MO

    .

    Family Members
    Parents
    Jacob Becker
    1776 –

    Anna M. ?Beckers
    1785 – 1809

    Spouse & Children
    Karalina Weiand (Weyand)
    1798 –

    Johann Jakob Becker
    1830 – 1831


    Johann Heinrich Becker
    1830 – 1919

    Franz Carl Becker
    1833 –

    girl Becker
    1835 – 1835

    Katherine Becker
    1837 – 1907

    Karolina Becker
    1839 – 1840

    child Becker
    1841 –

    Peter Joseph Becker
    1842 –


    1860 United States Federal Census
    1 citation provides evidence for Name, Birth, Residence
    Germany, Select Births and Baptisms, 1558-1898 (in German)
    3 citations provide evidence for Name

    I have all this and more on my ancestry.com family tree. Hope this helps!

    Chloe Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much for this. So sorry for late response I was not receiving my email alerts when getting a comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment