Follow Friday: Findagrave.com






I have been a volunteer on findagrave.com for about 10 years now. This web site is a wonderful place to find your relatives graves. I have also gone to cemeteries around North Dakota and recorded them onto this site.

If you have never gone here or heard of this site before now would be a great time to check it out. You never know one of your family members may be on there. You can leave notes and virual flowers.

I thinks it's a great thing if you can't travel to the place where your family are buried. You can also request photo's to be taken of graves.

Some have photo's of the person or family photo's. Some have Obituaries. There's a wealth of information here. If you can not find a ancestor you can set up a virtual memorial or if you know where they are buried you can add them to that cemetery. 

And if you love to visit cemeteries you can take photo's for others.

So follow me to findagrave.com and see what ancestors we can find, I love a good treasure hunt.

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi

Comments

  1. Thanks for you dedication. Unlike many,I hate the cemetery/tombstone hunt, but I totally appreciate those of you who index and do the legwork for me. Thanks again.
    KB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Keep up the good work!
    Welcome to the Geneabloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I'm fairly new, as well, and have found it most stimulating, especially some of the Daily Themes.

    Keeping telling your ancestor stories!

    Dr. Bill ;-)
    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment